[nabs-l] FW: Bureau of Engraving and Printing Launches EyeNote™App to Help the Blind and Visually Impaired Denominate US Currency

Marc Workman mworkman.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 17 20:32:15 UTC 2011

iNote is not as fast, and in my experience, not as accurate.  It's not as
fast because it involves snapping a picture and then processing the image.
Looktel, on the other hand, identifies in real time using object
recognition.  I tried iNote a couple of times without success, which is
admittedly not enough to draw a conclusion, but holding the bill and the
phone in the same positions led to almost instantaneous identification with
Looktel.

>From what I've heard, Looktel will also be introducing a vibration feature.

Competition in the tech sector is usually a good thing, but besides the
slightly better price tag (free verses $2), I can't see why anyone would
choose this product over Looktel's Money Reader.

I just wish they would get around to releasing a version to identify
Canadian currency.

Marc