[nabs-l] logic

Ignasi Cambra ignasicambra at gmail.com
Wed May 18 10:54:17 UTC 2011

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Bernoulli law... He's talking about tables with numbers called P and Q, so that would make sense:). P is generally the probability of an experiment succeeding and Q is the probability of failing. Then we can use an aleatory variable X which is equal to 1 for a success, and 0 for failure. This variable follows a Bernoulli law, and in high school they come up with all kinds of great problems about this stuff, the binomial law etc.
I learned all this in French several years ago so my explanations in English are probably terrible anyways.