[nabs-l] About the future of NABS and the NFB

Kirt Manwaring kirt.crazydude at gmail.com
Fri May 20 20:12:30 UTC 2011

Mike,
  Very true.  But, from my experience, a lot of that boils down to how
we present our philosophy.  I've heard comments from some TVIS like
"they wouldn't even listen to me", "they acted like I didn't even
matter", "they ignored everything I said", etc.  While I'm not denying
our philosophy places us in conflict with some TVIS (not as many as
some people like to think), I think if we present our philosophy in a
level-headed, civil, agreeable manner, even those who disagree with us
will be more compelled to do so agreeably.  Making the conflict less
vitriolic and bitter would do a lot to improve the way we're presented
by TVIS, even many of the TVIS who don't agree with our philosophy.
That's all I'm saying-I'm not saying we compromise the tenets we hold
dear, I'm not saying we change our philosophy, only that we respect
and sincerely make an effort to at least listen to the philosophies of
others without letting emotions get in the way.
  Warmly,
Kirt