[nabs-l] An additional question about selecting universities

Kirt Manwaring kirt.crazydude at gmail.com
Mon May 23 17:12:28 UTC 2011

Adriana,
  I think that boils down to personal preference, pure and simple.  I
think lots of students spend their freshmen and maybe sophomore years
on campus, then move off-campus to an apartment instead of a dorm.  I
just finished Freshman year, where I lived in an on-campus dorm.  The
good things were lots of social activities and things to keep me busy,
I made some great friends, and classes were only a five minute walk
away, give or take a couple minutes.  The bad things were there was
pretty much no privacy, doing homework with parties happening all
around you requires lots of discipline and self-control and you can
hardly find alone time ever.  But I think it's a good way for new,
younger students like Freshmen to kind of get used to college...but,
as a general rule, I think if you're not jumping in to college for the
first time, off-campus is better in most cases.
  Hope that helps,
Kirt