[nabs-l] Why Did I Join Nabs?

Kirt Manwaring kirt.crazydude at gmail.com
Wed May 25 03:06:48 UTC 2011

Darian,
  My biggest reasons for joining NABS have pretty much been beat to
death already, but NABS in general and this list in particular has one
huge benefit for me-it keeps me on my toes.  I know I can't get too
crazy or off-track without Jedi or Mike or Darian or Shaun or someone
putting me in my place.  *grin*
  Aside from that, having a network of blind students, in whatever
stage of life,   who've gone through lots of what I'm going through
and who understand blindness is an incredible resource to me.  I hope
I've been able to give back even a fraction of the information and
insight and prospective I've gained from all of you.  Blindness can
pose some interesting problems, especially for us students, and who
better to help us get through those problems than other blind
students?  I can't think of anyone.  That's why I'm here, to find
answers to challenges that come with blindness, to get some motivation
when apathy starts getting me down, and hopefully to provide the same
to others who need it.  And plus, the debate's fun!  Who doesn't like
a good debate?  *grin*
  Best wishes,
Kirt