[nabs-l] [Blindtlk] [nfb-talk] {Disarmed} Federal law preempts blindflyers'claims over airport kiosks

Ignasi Cambra ignasicambra at gmail.com
Thu May 26 05:48:00 UTC 2011

In my experience, many sighted people get frustrated with those machines and end up talking to a human being anyways. It happens all the time...the thing doesn't work, and the employee has to help someone with it. In the end it would have been more practical to check in with the person from the beginning.
At the JFK airport there are some accessible kiosks and they are pretty cool though. Given that these things are out there for airlines and airports to install, I think they should.

>>> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org/dotkid.