[nabs-l] Security in ourselves, acceptance in others

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Fri May 27 00:34:26 UTC 2011

Very good points.
  We as blind people are a minority, and I think it's  good to
remember that  there are other minorities out there.  How does one
member of a minority group address another member of that same group
if they don't feel that this person is acting like they should in
public?  Don't feel like this person is projecting a positive image
of the rest of that group to society?
    I believe that we all face that problem and how we deal with it
varies, but I would hope that we know enough to not  take  it   upon
ourselves to change the worlds opinions.  I think we can model  that
positive image that is with in our grasp to become, that probably is
the  healthiest way to approach this  idea of perception-changing that
we  think about alot,  Does that make sense?
  thoughts?