[nabs-l] Community Service Conference call: How and when do we talk about blindness, or do we?

community service Outreach nfbcsoutreach at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 23:44:24 UTC 2011

Hello, everyone!

The community service group will have their monthly conference call
this Sunday, November 6.

Do you want to participate in community service, but are not quite
sure how people will react to your blindness?

Are you afraid that talking about your blindness could prevent you
from participating fully in community service?

Are you interested in learning about ways other blind individuals have
disclosed their blindness?

Is it necessary to mention blindness when talking about community service?

What are the pros/cons of mentioning it?

If you have ever asked yourself any of the above questions, or are
just interested in learning more about this topic, this conference
call  is for you! The call-in information is below.

Topic: How and when do we talk about blindness, or do we?
When: Sunday, November 6 at 5 PT
Where: (218) 339-3600 passcode 808277

Hope to see you there!

Julie