[nabs-l] Blindness vs. Other Minority Groups

Carly carlymih at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 2 16:02:52 UTC 2011

Good morning, Darian  a neighbor from just across the bay,

         Reading your poast has begged the
question, Why need we equate race or ethnicity with disability?

That said, I feel sometimes that being "white,"
although I am not your blond-haired, blue-eyed
variety of white chick but a half Mediterranean
one whose people came through Ellis Island,
around the turn of last century, I
feel   sometimes that regardless of the origins
of my ancestors, white skin   is often tragically
synonymous with notions of white privilage and
the mythodical, pillaging, this race has wrought
upon people from all over the world.
'Seems to me that, an only time a person's race
can be seen as a handicap is when the majority,
projects such, upon a person who of course is
powerless to effect into which race he is born.
for today,