[nabs-l] To Jewel

Annemarie Cooke aec732 at msn.com
Tue Nov 8 22:29:43 UTC 2011

Hi Jewel, seems like advertising to blind folks takes place the same way advertising to any niche market does. Ad and news releases go into publications such as the Braille Monitor; posted to listserves; and generally get passed along by word of mouth in our community.  Advertisers make placements after figuring out which media best reach their demographic. In our case, advertisers also show their suppor of our community by exhibiting and making presentations at conferences and meetings and by having websites accessible to the assistive technology we use.

Hope this info is useful.

Bestm,\
Annemarie Cooke
Learning Ally