[nabs-l] Grabbing and streetcrossing help

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Thu Nov 10 19:56:40 UTC 2011

It's important to
> remain positive and not get too frustrated when sighted people try and
> help us do things.

I think it's perfectly okay to get frustrated if that's how you feel.
Feel free to feel negative. And since feelings are always valid,
there's no such thing as getting too frustrated. This is my opinion: we
need to stop telling ourselves how to feel and how not to feel. Just
saying. In the longrun, we'll do ourselves and the sighted a
considerable service when we communicate through our honest feelings as
Arielle did rather than play nice because that's what we've been taught to do.

If it helps those of you who do get frustrated, I trust you to say
whatever you need to say and do so in a healthful manner for both you
and the sighted person involved.

And if you really don't get frustrated, great. I trust you to say
whatever you need to say and do so in a healthful manner for both you
and the sighted person involved.

Respectfully Submitted