[nabs-l] Making PP file.

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 00:05:49 UTC 2011

Hi Leah,
When you open PowerPoint it will put you into a blank presentation for
you to edit. The presentation will start out with one slide, the title
slide. The title slide has built-in boxes for "title" and "sub-title".
Use tab to move around from one box to the other within the slide, and
use enter to open a box for editing. For example, to add your title,
tab until JAWS says "title place holder" and then press enter and type
in your title. To get out of the title box, press escape and then
press tab to go to the subtitle. To edit the subtitle box, press
enter, etc.
To add new slides one at a time there is a command somewhere on the
home ribbon. Tab to it, press enter when you find the "new slide" and
then arrow through the choices to figure out what type of slide you
want. Most PowerPoint slides are simply "title and content" meaning
there are two boxes on the slide: one for the slide title and the
second for the text you want to display on the slide.
Once you have several slides, you can use "page up" and "page down" to
move from slide to slide.
Please feel free to email with more specific questions. Also some of
this is tricky to explain over email, so if you prefer you can call me
at
602-502-2255
Best,
Arielle