[nabs-l] Blindness vs. Other Minority Groups

Patrick Molloy ptrck.molloy at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 20:33:38 UTC 2011

Chris,
Sounds like you did some of the things that I used to do when I was in
grade school and high school. My TVI and I always used to do a little
mini-lesson for my class when I was in grade school. We would teach
them Braille and sighted (or human) guide, and let them ask me any
questions that they had. When I hit high school, there was a
psychology teacher who always had me come and present to her classes
when they were doing their unit on senses and perception. It was a
really great opportunity. I too always met with teachers in advance
and showed them how all the technology I had worked. And inevitably,
one teacher would always ask: "Do I have to learn Braille?" To which I
always responded: "Only if you're interested in learning it!"
Patrick