[nabs-l] Slightly O.T. Reporting JAWS Bugs

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 01:57:55 UTC 2011

Hi Joshua, Nicole, and anyone else who would be interested in
this,

If you don't want to deal with the hold music on JAWS's support
line, you can use one of the features I love about Freedom
Scientific's phone system: call backs.  Here's what you would do:

After selecting the subject of your call (PacMate, software,
hardware, Braille displays, etc,) and you get put on hold, hit 0.
It will then ask you for the phone number that you would like
them to call you back on.  Then you would record a short (I'm
talking like 30 seconds) message with your name and the subject
of your problem.  For example: "I'm Chris and I'm having a
problem with my JAWS 12.0.1170." They are usually pretty fast
with responding to these call-backs (usually between 5 and 10
minutes;) a lot better than Humanware.  Hope this helps!

Chris

nuisance."
-- Kenneth Jernigan (President, National Federation of the Blind,
1968-1986

P.S.  The I C.A.N.  Foundation helps blind and visually impaired
youth in Maryland say "I can," by empowering them through
providing assistive technology and scholarships to camps and
conventions which help them be equal with their sighted peers.
For more information about the Foundation and to support our
work, visit us online at www.icanfoundation.info!

Sent from my BrailleNote Apex