[nabs-l] Textbooks

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 01:58:29 UTC 2011

Hi Ashley,

In what format do they give you the book in? If you're reading it
on your PC and it is a supported format, just save it to a thumb
drive and import the file to your Braille Note by:

1.  From the Main Menu, hit f for file manager.
2.  Then hit t for translation.
3.  Next hit i for import.
4.  Fill out the prompts as necessary for the drive (your thumb
drive will be called a "hard disk" on the BrailleNote,) folder
name, and filename.
5.  Hit Enter after typing in the destination filename and it
should say "1 file imported."

See your manual for all the details.  I do this a lot, but I
don't want to bore the whole list with all the details.  Hope
this helps!

Chris

nuisance."
-- Kenneth Jernigan (President, National Federation of the Blind,
1968-1986

P.S.  The I C.A.N.  Foundation helps blind and visually impaired
youth in Maryland say "I can," by empowering them through
providing assistive technology and scholarships to camps and
conventions which help them be equal with their sighted peers.
For more information about the Foundation and to support our
work, visit us online at www.icanfoundation.info!

Sent from my BrailleNote Apex