[nabs-l] fw: [braillenote] KeyWord: Nemeth is indirectly supported for Braille documents!

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 03:20:11 UTC 2011

Sent from my BrailleNote Apex

 ---- Original Message ------
From: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590 at gmail.com
Subject: [Braillenote] KeyWord: Necoth is indirectly supported
for brailledocuments!
Date sent: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 17:10:44 -0800

Hi folks, particularly Nemeth users,
I'm happy to report yet another "hack" for writing math: Nemeth
is indirectly supported.  Here's the scenario:
Under Block Commands Menu, there is oan option called "grade."
This allows you to change the selected text's grade
representation.  For instance, if you type in a braille document
and you typed an address of a site without changing grades, you
can select the URL and change it to computer braille (although
the resulting text would be in all caps).  While I was going
through availible grades, I was surprised to find Nemeth option.
Using this option, not only you can change some text to Nemeth,
but continue to write your document in Nemeth code.
To perform this hack:
1.  Open any braille document (KeyWord braille or plain brf).
2.  At the place where you wish to start typing in Nemeth,
perform the following command sequence: ENTER (new line), SPACE
with B (Block Commands), SPACE with DOTS 1-4 (mark schtence), G
(grade of block), N (Nemeth).  KeySoft says, "Nemeth" with the
format indicator of dollar sign, g m.
Now type whatever Nemeth code you need, then when done, press
ENTER then press BACKSPACE with grade command (A for
uncontracted, B for contracted or C for computer braille) to
switch back to current grade.  When you read this with speech,
you'll notice that Nemeth symbols are announced correctly.
I guess the only suggestion I'd like to see is: would it be
possible to include Nemeth as one of the grade of braille for
keyboard entry so we can have an indirect shortcut without having
to go through the above procedure? Thanks.
Hope this is useful.
Cheers,
Joseph

___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
braillenote-unsubscribe at list.humanware.com
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote