[nabs-l] Taking dance and actingtolearnnaturalmovementandexpressions

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 20 21:12:37 UTC 2011

Andi,
I do speak with instructors ahead of time, whether it be a gym class at  the
health club or at school.
Most instructors are not willing to be hands on; they have to lead the class
and go at a certain pace.
I agree that we need hands on instruction for anything movement based like
dance, not just verbal cues. At least to learn the steps, being shown helps
a lot. I did take kundalini yoga though and the instructor was hands on. But
she also had time to do this since it was a slow paced class by its nature.

Did you take dance in college? Were they elective classes? If your dance
team is like mine was, they did more hip hop dances.

Ashley