[nabs-l] Modeling for learning natural expressions and movement

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 21 18:07:52 UTC 2011

Ashley,

Yes, I took modeling classes when I was younger. I modeled briefly, but
didn't enjoy the process. You'd have to look into modeling agencies and
classes, and I'm sure only bigger cities would offer anything like this,
though you never know.

Though models are stereotyped as stupid and artificial, a model has to
learn to express something through their body and facial expressions. A
model doesn't simply take a picture; they have to "sell" something in a
nonverbal way.

When I took modeling classes at the Nancy Bounds agency here locally, we
not only learned how to walk a runway, we learned how to carry ourselves
in all situations, with grace and deportment. We also learned how to
apply make-up, what clothes fit us best, interviewing skills, how to
speak and even dining etiquette. I've also taken etiquette classes,
which is another possible idea since some etiquette classes teach you
how to move as well.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: