[nabs-l] Body language and facial expressions

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 21 18:18:31 UTC 2011

Carly,

But will that kid get a job? Date? Be accepted by other peers? I'm not
trying to generalize and say it can never happen because I know people
with blindisms, and they are active and social, but I know many more who
aren't. Whether it's right or wrong, this is how the world works, and
suggesting we create a utopia doesn't help things because outside of
philosophical discussions, the world isn't going to change much. This
isn't a defeatist attitude, but a realistic one. Just look at what is
happening in the world, then tell me a kid can be treated as equal who
rocks, pokes their eyes and any other blindism. We can't change being
blind; we can't change what our eyes look like, or how they function,
but blindisms aren't socially acceptable, and learning to not do these
behaviors isn't stifling one's inner nature, but it's teaching them
behaviors that will help them integrate into society.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan