[nabs-l] staring

Hope Paulos hope.paulos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 19:33:01 UTC 2011

It's sad that ignorance is out there. Luckily I've never been told people
stare at me. I have been totally  blind since birth. When I was younger, I
was always doing repetitive behavior (rocking, eye-poking, etc). I'm sure at
that time I was stared at. By the age of 6 my parents stopped me from doing
this. People now say that they have no idea I'm blind because I turn to
people when I'm talked to and don't do the repetitive behavior. I also wear
sunglasses because my eyes don't focus at all. That also helps keep people
from staring.