[nabs-l] staring

Andi adrianne.dempsey at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 13:41:53 UTC 2011

I say make yourself look really good then they have a reason to stare, like
"Dam that person looks good."  I know this isn't the real reason people
stare at us as blind people, but when I go to the club I don't use my cane
and people can't tell I am blind with out my cane, at least this is what I
have been told.  I get a lot of stares then to, I never thought of my self
as pretty but I get looks in a positive way.  Staring isn't always bad, it
can mean you look good.  I have been stared at negativly to every day and
the energy is different, but maybe it helps to pretend it is positive
staring all of the time in stead of just some of the time.  If not have fun
with it.  I have a friend with CP so she has a different wwalk or sometimes
if we go a long distence she is in her wheele chair and she always makes
people feel stupid when their staring at us.  She is more blunt than I am
but I admire it.  She says things like "I am going to give you a description
of the room because you can't see it but some person is rubber necking
trying to find out how we can even be breathing on are own."  I replaced her
language and description of the person which she always inserts with person
to avoid offending anyone who does not like swaring.  Most of the time this
much roodness isn't necessary, but sometimes it is because some people just
need more blunt discoragement.

Andi