[nabs-l] Standing in line

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 14:57:36 UTC 2011

I try not to tap the person in front of me, as I think it will
sometimes be considered rude. People don't always understand the
purpose of the cane. Usually, I use the other techniques you pointed
out, Jordan. My echolocation is not very good, so I don't rely on that
much, but I listen to the people talking or strike up a conversation
myself. If they aren't interested in talking, I ask them to let me
know when they move up. This has worked a number of times. They'll say
"I'm moving up now." and I'll know how far they moved up by their
footfall.

My two cents worth,
Jewel