[nabs-l] verizon phones

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 17:22:39 UTC 2011

Hi Amy,

Just FYI (for Ashley mainly,) you don't need to retrofit the
Haven with MobileSpeak if you don't want to, as the phone already
comes with speech.  But a lot of people like MobileSpeak, because
(I think) it uses Eloquence, which is the same speech used for
JAWS.  I may be confused here; is Mobile Speak the one that uses
Eloquence and Talks uses DecTalk, or the other way around?
Thanks!

Chris

nuisance."
-- Kenneth Jernigan (President, National Federation of the Blind,
1968-1986

 The I C.A.N.  Foundation helps blind and visually impaired youth
in Maryland say "I can," by empowering them through providing
assistive technology and scholarships to camps and conventions
which help them be equal with their sighted peers.  For more
information about the Foundation and to support our work, visit
us online at www.icanfoundation.info!