[nabs-l] ipad verses blindness products

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 26 16:32:30 UTC 2011

But I like the blindness notetaker because I can read and write braille on
it. I think using a
touch screen would require a lot of memory and spatial awareness. I already
have to memorize where things like end, send and okay are on my basic cell
phone! But if an IOS devices works for someone go ahead; it’s a lot more
portable than a heavy braille notetaker.
I wonder what braille displays you can use with those IPhones and IOS
devices.
Its cool that we have smaller, portable braille displays and keyboards now.
How neat to have those options. The only braille displays I saw were the
large 40 cell and 80 cell displays, although I am aware of smaller ones.

Ashley