[nabs-l] New: Diary of a Wimpy Kid in braille

Tony Grima agrima at nbp.org
Tue Nov 29 18:35:56 UTC 2011

Diary of a Wimpy Kid
By Jeff Kinney
In contracted braille (2 vols) and eBraille, $13.95
Ages 9-12

The Wimpy Kid series has sold over 47 million copies in the U.S.
alone, and been translated into 30 languages worldwide. Although
targeted to reluctant boy readers, it has hooked girls, too, making
it the most popular series for that age group, even dusting Harry
Potter! Educators and librarians recommend it because it gets
kids to read. Find out what the hoopla is about by ordering the
first book in the series.

For the braille edition, we've fully described each comics-style drawing in
the book so braille readers will be able to read the books seamlessly.

"In this laugh-out-loud novel, Greg tells his story in a series of short,
episodic chapters. Most revolve around the adolescent male curse: the need
to do incredibly dumb things because they seem to be a good idea at the
time.
Yet, unlike some other books about kids of this age, there's no sense of a
slightly condescending adult writer behind the main character.
Lots of fun throughout." --Booklist review

To order or read more about this book online, visit
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/WIMPY1.html

*******
Which FREE book will you choose in our Annual Holiday Book Sale?
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/holidaysale.html

******
To order any books, send payment to:
NBP, 88 St. Stephen Street, Boston, MA 02115-4302
Or call and charge it: toll-free (800) 548-7323 or (617) 266-6160 ext 520.
Or order any of our books online at
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html .