[nabs-l] nabs digests

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 22:13:34 UTC 2011

Hi Vejas,

The NABS digests come out every day (if it's a busy day on the
list, which it sometimes is, there might be two or three digests
in one day) to the people who have their subscription settings
set to receive those emails.  The digests are just a daily
collection of all the day's posts batched in one email.  Since
this is a feature in the Mailman software, you can set your
subscription to receive digests on all lists you're on that use
Mailman.  So, you can do this for the BrailleNote list as well.
If you want to set your
preferences to receive digests for the NABS or any other NFBNET
lists/lists, go to nfbnet.org, click join or drop NFBNET mailing
lists, select the list you want, click the link with that list's
name, and find the form field to put in your subscription email
address, and click the Unsubscribe or Edit Options button.  From
the page it next takes you to, type in your password for the
list.  If you forget it, click the Email Password button and the
system will send you an email with your password.  Once you've
clicked the Log In button, it will show you your options for the
list, which you can change using radio buttons.  You should find
something about digest mode there.  Once you've changed all the
settings you want to change, click the save button at the bottom
of the page.  I personally don't like digests for lists like this
and Blind Talk, both of which I regularly contribute to, because
you can't reply to a spesific email.  When I used to receive
digests from the ACB Students list, I would have to remember each
subject line of each email I wanted to respond to, and reply to
the whole digest, putting the subjects of the emails in a heading
within the email, and then putting my response under it.  As you
can probably tell, it was a little tedious.  I think you would be
better off receiving individual emails from the NABS and
BrailleNote lists so it's easier to contribute to the lists, but
that's up to you.  If you go to digest mode and don't like it,
you can always go back in and change your settings.  Hope this
helps!

Chris