[nabs-l] my introduction

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 23:53:32 UTC 2011

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the list!!!! Feel free to ask any questions of us you
want/need to, no matter how silly it may seem, as we're all here
to help and be a resource for one another.  That's what I tell
each new member to our list.  I'm glad you have gained so much
out of the Federation, as I have, and I agree that it is a
life-changing thing when you discover the NFB.  I'm also glad
that you're studying to become a rehab therapist for the blind! A
lot of rehab counselors I've heard about have very common but
false misconceptions about blindness, and I'm glad you, as a
blind person and a Federationist, are studying to become a rehab
therapist.  I think blind people like you who are studying or
aspiring to be a rehab counselor for the blind will help us
change what it means to be blind! Again, welcome to the list, and
I hope you find us informative! * Smiles!

Chris