[nabs-l] Fwd: [Nfb-history] FW: Touch the Moon with your fingers on Hear and There Audio Magazine

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 15:33:40 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dave Ühlman <duhlman at msn.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 11:27:17 -0400
Subject: [Nfb-history] FW: Touch the Moon with your fingers on Hear
and There Audio Magazine

  Touch the Moon with your fingers with a Touchable Moon Book from
NASA.  We describe the book on Hear and There Audio Magazine.  Details
on how you can get a copy are below.
This is episode 1 of 3 where we describe the book "Getting a Feel for
Lunar Craters". It features tactile diagrams of the lunar surface
designed to educate the blind and visually impaired about the wonders
of Earth’s moon. H&T Correspondent Shawn Klein touches and describes
the graphics as the book’s author Professor David Hurd and I talk
about the science of the moon.  In this episode we describe what the
full moon looks like and we discuss how the moon was formed. We also
give you information on how to order a free copy for
yourself.http://bit.ly/rmVuZQ  How to Get a FREE CopyTo get the Free
NASA Braille textured pic Moon book with audio tour go to this page
http://hearandthere.net/MOONBOOK.aspx________________________
Dave Ühlman
Accessibility Consultant
duhlman at msn.com
website  http://hearandthere.net/default.aspx

If you would like to subscribe to the H&T Podcast, use this link in
your podcatcher or add it to your Favorites feed list.
 http://duhlman.podbean.com/feed
DAVID = Device for the Acquisition and Visualization of Interesting
Data ;)

--
Chris Nusbaum

"The real problem of blindness is not the loss of eyesight. The real
problem is the misunderstanding and lack of education that exists. If
a blind person has the proper training and opportunity, blindness can
be reduced to a mere physical nuissence." -- Kenneth Jernigan

Visit the I C.A.N. Foundation online at: www.icanfoundation.info for
information on our foundation and how it helps blind and visually
impaired children in MD say "I can!"