[nabs-l] techniques for shopping and trends

Lea williams leanicole1988 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 01:48:13 UTC 2011

Hey I shop a lot with the help of the workers. I went a couple of
weeks ago to get some shoes and an outfit. I first went to the shoe
shop and just walked in and asked for help after walking through the
store to hunt someone down. NP. I knew that i wanted sneakers or tenis
shoes, whatever you call them and got a pair. But if your not sure,
just tell them what stile of clothes you would wear with them, dressy,
casual, fancey etc. You can also ask what color close the shoes would
best work with. I got a pair of heels and I told them I primarily wear
dark blue dressy geans and black slacks or dark kackey and they were
able to tell me what color would go best with the colors. They took me
to an ile to let me loose alone in my size while the lady went and
found a helper for me. The worker came and I told her kind of what I
was looking for and she picked out things that was around that would
have worked and i chose from there.
I have found telling them and asking a lot of things helps the both of
you. If your not sure or understanding what they are saying, then ask
loads of questions. It is your money your spending and if you buy it,
it is you who takes it home not them.
After this i went to Belks and had the lady there help me find an
outfit. That one was a bit more tricky because she took me to the back
and was trying to get me to pick from two tops that were hanging up on
the wal. I did not like them and just started to wonder off and
saying, "so whats over here or there"? We then discoverd that the
store was filled with loads of clothes that were not on the wall.
Waow!
I did find a nice outfit, something that was on sale and cost less
than the things on the wall by the way.
Something you could do is to find out what your colors are, google. I
Google a lot of things. You can put in Google,
What style and color of clothes works best for me?
and you can find bloggs that says, if your dark haired with whatever
skin, wear this and that. they usually say spring, wenter, summer or
fall colors, but the give good information. Then when your shopping,
you have more of an idea of what colors to pick.
If your not shure if something will fit, Ask them what do they think,
will it fit you or not? I do this all the time , Sometimes a small is
really a medium etc...
They will help, and if they have small children or kids at home or
even have raised them, they do a great job because they do it with
their own children and it is second nature for them.
If your still not sure, take  a few sizes and hold on till you have a
few things and then go try them on. The worst is to get home and not
like what you buy because it's to tight or loose.
And like I said, google, google google.
Not just
What is in season?
But also
How to choose shoes for an outfit?
Or Will a blue shirt go with kackey pants?
or
What color tops to wear with dark/lite/etc bottoms?
What kind of tops to wear with (fill in the blank) pants/skirts...
Be kind of spisific but not spisific. If you know your body shape, google
What style of clothes looks best for my body shape?
Man if i had money to spend on clothes and not bills, I would go
shopping more often.
You could also do this with hair styles etc...

If your worried that they might be to busy to shop with you, call them
and tell them your blind and interested in shopping there and when
would be the best time of the day to come in. Some places will say mid
day because they have more workers, and some will say earlier or later
because their is less custermers. It is the prefrence of the store. If
you find someone you really like shopping with, get their name and ask
them when they normally work. I do this and then the next time I went
I asked for them. this is a wonderful thing for them and they get high
marks from there bosses for being requested.
I would too ask if there might be someone close to your age who could
help you shop for clothes because their style would be better than
someone or is either a lot older or younger than you. I had an older
women helping me and she did not try to pick out anything to old
fashion , but what i got was so much better than what she was trying
to get me to by.
a lot of it does come from expirience and confidence though. Know what
to ask and not being easily timpted to get whatever they hand you is
good and try to ask yourself and be aunist with yourself if you really
like the stuff. I know if i am nervous, I am more likely to buy
something I do not like because I am more influenced than when I fill
cunfirtable.

HTH

On 10/26/11, Debbie Wunder <debbiewunder at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Hi Ashley, I find that if I am shopping alone, and not with a friend or one
> of my daughters, if I go to the counter and ask for assistance, mostly
> people are very willing to help. It of course depends on the store, I have
> had good luck at JC Pennys or Dillards, also some smaller ladies shops. If
> you develope a relationship with a store manager, they seem to enjoy
> helping.
>
> It is important to me to have some one that I value thei opinion. The one
> thing that I have found that my youngest daughter is quick to tell me is
> that some things do not feel cute, and some feel cute that are not.
> Sometimes I here from my daught,No, mom. smile
>
> Debbie

>>> acbradio.org, twice every season to give her Fassion Report,

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/dotkid.nusbau

--
Lea Williams

Phone;