[nabs-l] Math Tips

Danielle Antoine singingmywayin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 18:23:44 UTC 2011

Hi Jordan,
I use Braille when it comes to math. Math problems are read by a
reader and it is important to find someone familiar with the symbols
and who will read the problems as written. As far as tests and
quizzes, I would Braille out my work then have someone transcribe it
to print for me. Usually, the DSS office staff will do that. You tell
them what you wrote and they in turn write it out for you. My tests
were recorded on tape as well. As far as graphs, some SSD offices have
drawing kits and can draw out the representations for you to get a
feel for how they look but when it comes to assignments most students
I know including myself will tell the transcriber how to draw the
graphs. That has been my experience. HTH! Danie P.S. Feel fre to ask
for more clarification