[nabs-l] the Family Meeting is Called to Order!

chris nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 22:27:19 UTC 2011

Hi Danielle,

I love what you have to say!! This list, and the Federation, should be
and is a family, which is the meaning behind the Braille Monitor's
"News from the Federation Family" column. I love your thoughts about
the NFB/ACB, and I wish the NFB would start an online radio station
and/or do more audio stuff. Just to let you know, the NFB streams the
general sessions, the board meeting, and the banquet live on the
nfb.org site. If you missed it, go to www.nfb.org, select the
Publications link, then the Audio/Video center, then on National
Convention highlights link. You can then listen to audio and video
highlights from the 2008 through 2011 conventions. From what I'm
hearing, I think you would be a great person for a list that some
friends of mine from this list and I are starting. It's a bipartisan
list, where blind people can talk about blindness-related topics,
independent from the partisanship of the two organizations. We also
have some mentors representing both organizations to help us out.
Please email me off list if you have any questions. God bless!

Chris

--
Chris Nusbaum

"The real problem of blindness is not the loss of eyesight. The real
problem is the misunderstanding and lack of education that exists. If
a blind person has the proper training and opportunity, blindness can
be reduced to a mere physical nuissence." -- Kenneth Jernigan

Visit the I C.A.N. Foundation online at: www.icanfoundation.info for
information on our foundation and how it helps blind and visually
impaired children in MD say "I can!"