[nabs-l] BANA still considering abolishing the Nemeth braille code

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 10 22:17:24 UTC 2011

They shouldn't abolish nemeth! I did not use it much because I was
encouraged to use large print for math. It is a little easier to cross out
numbers and make a graph in print. So I didn't mind their decission. That
said, I have been exposed to it. I remember doing long division in braille
on the perkins. Nemeth should stay. I like it because you know the
difference between reading math symbols and literay symbols and do not have
to rely on context for that. If you know when the meeting is and its
location, I'll try and come. Baltimore is not that far from me.
Ashley