[nabs-l] Enterprise Car rental

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 11 22:50:18 UTC 2011

You have to be 25 years of age to rent a car period. This may be a
state-by-state thing, but most states I know have this rule. You have to
have a licensed driver listed on the paperwork, and the driver must be
present when picking the rental up, obviously, but it shouldn't be
necessary to have them present, or involved, when filling out the
paperwork. Who pays for the rental is up to you, and the company can't
deny you rental service if the  one footing the bill is different from
the one driving the rental.

Our chapter has rented vehicles through the years, and one of our
members, usually treasurer, has always delt with the rental including
filling the paperwork out as well as paying for the rental. Our
designated driver will pick the rental up with the chapter member
assigned to handle the transaction. It's never been a problem, and the
only government paperwork we bring is our 501 C3 tax exemption for
nonprofit organizations so we are not charged tax. No special paperwork
is necessary to rent the vehicle itself.

As long as a licensed driver is listed on the paperwork, insurance
doesn't care who pays for it. Plenty of people rent vehicles, but
they're not the one actually driving it. This employee didn't know what
she was talking about, but you can definitely rent a car and pay for it
even if the person driving isn't you.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog for Live Well Nebraska.com at