[nabs-l] Free scanning software

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 11 23:19:30 UTC 2011

With my Microsoft Office 2003, a scanning program called Microsoft
Office Document Scanning is a feature. I've used it before, though not
often, to scan documents as an image, similar to a PDF, but the program
also read the documents similar to Kurzweil. It's accessible and
technically free if you already have MS Office. I'm not aware if this
program is available on newer versions of Microsoft Office, but with my
dinosaur 2003 version, it's located in the Microsoft Office folder on my
start menu in a sub-folder called Microsoft Tools. Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog for Live Well Nebraska.com at

 Message: 26