[nabs-l] reflecting on the attacks

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 13 03:18:38 UTC 2011

Hi Nimer,
Good post. And this will probably be the last I'll say.
You included Fox and MSNBC in your points which makes your point more
nonpartisan.

You're right.
"We should honor their memories by not allowing any individual to
terrorize America or its interests. And we should do it quick before
the terrorists hit again. This nation needs unity, not division. Bill
Orily and Rachel Madow are puppets who spout opinions. It doesn't
matter whom you like, both of them are opinionated and they heir those
opinions to the masses. If you let yourself not think freely and get
dragged in by either side's opinionators, then you deserve every
inconvenience this government could possibly hand you. That's the
problem we have now. People have stopped using their brains and
trusting their instincts and instead relying on msnbc or fox news to
tell them what's going on. "

Yes that is true. We need to use our brains when forming opinions.
We need to think for ourselves and not just unquestionly follow someone who
spouts opinions. Read several news sources; listen to C-span to hear
congress firsthand.

I was going to write something like that, but you said it better than me. My
intent in bringing this up was to find out what you all did personally or
publicly to remember 9/11. With over 200 subscribers, some of you probably
lost a loved one in this tragedy.
We should integrate into society and do what other Americans are doing to
commemerate the anniversary.
I was trying to keep politics out of it.
Whether conservative or liberal, Christian or not, no one wants this tragedy
again; no one but that is our enemies here and abroad. Anyone who wants to
kill innocent Americans is our enemy and has no business here.

My brother lost  a friend and I know a blind guy that had to evacuate the
pentagon. Thankfully he got out safely in the confusion.
I remember that I was in school that morning as a senior when I got the
news. Many of you were children or teens and perhaps don't feel much of
anything about the event since you were safe with family.
This 9/11 I prayed more and watched more news and watched the memorial
concert held here in DC at the kennedy center. I am commited to do some sort
of service project for 9/11.

I hope most of us can get past the political rhetoric and show our
patriotism and show love for America.
I mean getting out there and doing normal things is what changing what it
means to be blind is about.
Some campuses are holding vigils or doing volunteer service projects.
Many religious groups are doing something too. So whatever you did, I hope
you at least took time to remember the tragedy; something as simple as a
moment of silence is useful.

Let us go forward peacefully. God bless America.