[nabs-l] Flying with a Cane

Ashley cumbiambera2005 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 07:13:22 UTC 2011

Arielle,

I too have traveled quite a bit in the past, and am a big fan of doing
so as independently as possible. There were many times I have refused
assistance in an airport setting, but was not aware of that act,
giving us the legal right to do so. This is interesting and I will
keep it in mind. However, I do have a question, and would like some
opinions on this. I have traveled independently countless times, to
conventions and suchh, aand the most was to Washington seminar.
However, I am going to be traveling outside of the country. I would
like to try to retain my independence as much as possible, and would
like some advice. I am traveling with American Airlines, which I have
not really used in the past. When i made my reservation, I requested
assistance, because I was not sure what things would be like, or if
they would be the same at all, especially in another country. However,
I would love to be able to increase my self asteme by doing what I can
independently. I feel more confident now than I did when i made the
reservation, would it be possible to let them know I wouldn't be
needing it? in that case, without it, what kind of advice can you give
me about independent tavel abroad. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.