[nabs-l] accessible ebooks

Beth thebluesisloose at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 11:01:29 UTC 2011

Epub format books, btw, can be read with Braille output on a
notetaker.  I don't know how you could invest in something like
the BrailleNote Apex in the Netherlands, but the Apex does read
Epub book formats.  I get the epub books from places like Google
Books and the Project Gutenberg website.  Whuat do you guys
think?  Also, the best e-book reader I think would have to be
omething like the Apex or the VR Stream.  Has anyone heard of the
Victor Reader Stratus?  The voices are different.  I'm not sure
that reads epub books.  But still, I'm sure the books can be read
in other ways.  I'm not sure how to read an epub book on a screen
reader.  JAWs won't open them, so ...  Good luck.
Beth