[nabs-l] accessible video games

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun Sep 18 23:58:14 UTC 2011

Well, you make some good points, but the two situations are not the
same and I still am not convinced.

Yes, some people say the Blind Driver Challenge is a waste.  Many of
us think it is important.  We the blind are either paying for it
ourselves, or raising the money.  This is different from compelling a
third party to do it for us.  Secondly, most people can see the
importance of being able to drive, and most of us, sighted and blind
alike, would not put playing video games in the same place.  Yes, we
could learn valuable things from it, but it frankly would be a hard
sell to members and outsiders.

For me it is a pretty low priority.  I work in rehab and it is
getting harder to get blind guys jobs, even entry level jobs, in part
because of more complex computer systems and software.  This, and the
BDC and other ythings should be a higher priority.

Finally, I am guilty too, this is mostly off topic for this list.  Sorry!

Dave