[nabs-l] Off Topic Messages

Joshua Lester jlester8462 at students.pccua.edu
Mon Sep 19 15:31:14 UTC 2011

We need a list, where we can discuss political issues, and how they
relate to us as blind individuals.
There isn't a listserve, for that.
There are some for mainstream political discussions, but there isn't
one, that discusses the issues, and how they relate to us.
I'm talking about different bills, and laws that are signed, that
don't represent our interests.
We need a list to discuss that.
Blessings, Joshua

On 9/18/11, Arielle Silverman <arielle71 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm sure there are lots of mainstream political discussion listservs
> out there already. Just punch "politics discussion listserv" or "young
> Democrats/Republicans listserv" or some such into Google. I don't
> think we need separate listservs for blind folks to discuss politics.
> As for list moderation, a new NABS board was just elected in July, and
> is still establishing committee assignments. I have been in discussion
> with our new president, Sean Whalen, about listserv committee
> structure, so I know he and his board are working on it. If you would
> like to assist with list moderation, send him an email and let him
> know.
> For the new people: David Andrews is the list owner, and has final say
> over what is and isn't allowed on-list. He has the authority to place
> people on moderated status or deactivate their list subscriptions at
> his discretion. However, a student moderator or listserv committee is
> often appointed by the NABS board to keep things running smoothly and
> help defuse problems before they get up to Dave's level.
> Best,
> Arielle
>
> On 9/17/11, Ashley Bramlett <bookwormahb at earthlink.net> wrote:
>> Elizabeth,
>> As you know, sometimes things get heated here whether its on topic or not.
>> There is a list serve chair; it used to be Arielle. I am not positive whom
>> it is so I won't name names.
>> Anyway, we've calmed down and I'm sure we can have a peaceful list once
>> again. After all we are all youth or young adults.

>>> list.  I am not trying to be harsh, just trying to get people back on