[nabs-l] accessible magazines

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 19 22:36:40 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I want to read more magazines to be better informed and by reading you can learn how to write better.
How is the NLS magazine program set up? Are the cassettes indexed by article? Do multiple narrators read the one periodical?
Do I contact my  cooperating library to sign up for any magazine?

Also I’m interested in reading these magazines. I' wish I could just buy one from a newstand, but can’t. So are any of these accessible? Some magazines are digital, but I do not know if the electronic version  is accessible. They are:
1. Time magazine
2. Washingtonian
3. Newsweek
4. The New Yorker
5. Southern Living
6. Fortune

Also, I think APH produces Readers digest. If anyone gets it, is the quality good? What articles are in it?

Thanks.

Ashley