[nabs-l] Need for political listserve?

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Tue Sep 20 02:00:50 UTC 2011

Ashley,

Somehow, I don't think that you are understanding what some of us are trying to say here, although you certainly have
a right to start whatever list you want.  The goal of Faith-Talk was to discuss the problems blind persons have while
trying to participate in their various churches.  In my opinion, and I am not a moderator, it has wandered from that, but
that was its original intent.  What you say you want to discuss sounds, on the surface, as though it is well within what
we do, perhaps more on Blind-Talk.  I thought Dave was pretty clear that it was the discussion of politics in general
that should be carried out on various general political lists rather than here, not laws specific to blindness.  Now, if you
want to talk about which party is truly the better one for blind people, that's probably on the edge, because the fact is
that we have no choice but to work with whichever party is in power.  <smile>  You guys will do whatever you want to
do, but saying that Dave said that you couldn't discuss politics in terms of laws that affect the blind just isn't accurate.
We got many of those laws passed.  <smile>

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson