[nabs-l] Starting a political listserve

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 21:30:41 UTC 2011

Hi Bridgit,

Just to clarify, this will not be a Federation owned or sponsored
listserve.  Dave is the owner of all NFB-NET lists, and as such
decides whether to put a list on the NFBNET server or not.  He
said no to this idea, and I respect that.  Therefore, I am
creating one on the Google Groups server, to prevent the problems
you mentioned.  The Federation will remain politically neutral,
and our future Blind Politics list won't effect that.  Why?
Because it's not on the NFBNET server, therefore it doesn't have
the Federation's name attached to it.  It's on the Google Groups
sforver, which anyone can start a group on.  So I don't think
this will effect the legislative efforts of the Federation at
all, for the simple reason that the list IS NOT a Federation
list.

 Chris Nusbaum

nuisance." -- Kenneth Jernigan (President of the National
Federation of the Blind, 1968-1986.)

  Visit the I C.A.N.  Foundation online at:
www.icanfoundation.info for
information on our foundation and how it helps blind and visually
impaired children in MD say "I can!"

Sent from my BrailleNote