[nabs-l] JAWS question

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 26 22:18:35 UTC 2011

When I upgraded JAWS to 12, I was told to not upgrade I. E. to 9 because
it was not accessible with JAWS. Apparently this is incorrect info.
Thanks.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 13:26:30 -0400
From: Chris Nusbaum <dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com>
To: National Association of Blind Students mailing
	list<nabs-l at nfbnet.org>
Subject: Re: [nabs-l] JAWS question, please help

Hi Bridgit,

I use IE 9, and it is accessible with JAWS 12.  What parts do you
find inaccessible? The only annoying part is it's always saying
"the notification bar requires your response.  Press alt plus n
to set focus to the notification bar." If a dialog comes up from
a Web page, I have to hit alt n to get it to read it to me.
Besides that, IE 9 is accessible, as long as the Web sites you're
going to are.

Chris