[nabs-l] SPSS seeking beta testers (sign up deadline April 6 this Friday)

Philip S philso1003 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 20:16:08 UTC 2012

Hi all,
IBM is seeking beta testers to test out SPSS software. Sign up
deadline is this Friday April 6. Please see instruction below. This is
good opportunity to give IBM feedback on SPSS accessibility.

Instructions for applying to participate in the IBM SPSS Statistics Beta Program

Dear valued IBM SPSS Statistics customers and partners:

We are pleased to invite you to apply to participate in the IBM SPSS
Statistics Beta program (Beta program). Over the past several months,
we have been working closely with our customers and partners to define
requirements for IBM SPSS Statistics. The Beta program gives you the
opportunity to preview, test, and provide us feedback on new
capabilities we are evaluating for IBM SPSS Statistics.

The Beta program is scheduled to begin on May 11, 2012, and will
continue for 4 weeks. The Beta program will end on June 8, 2012.
Please carefully review the requirements for participation in the Beta
program.

Note: IBM SPSS Statistics client (including all modules) and server
products, as well as IBM SPSS AMOS, are available as a part of the
Beta program. We welcome Beta program prospects for any or all of
these products.

Note: Participation in the Beta program is limited to the first 125
qualified customers and 45 qualified partners who complete all of the
application steps below before April 16 at the end of the business day
(EOB), and who meet our test plan criteria.

Requirements to Participate in the Beta Program
1.        Commitment to follow the Beta program timeline and
participate in all related events: See Deadlines and Milestones
section below for details. All dates and times are tentative.
2.        Commitment to accept the Beta Test Agreement by way of the
Beta website.
3.        Commitment to complete the pre-Beta and post-Beta surveys by
way of the Beta website.
4.        Commitment to download the Beta software by way of the Beta website.
5.        Commitment to provide Beta product feedback (e.g. report
defects, enhancement requests, suggestions) by way of the Beta
website.

Note: The Beta program will be administered entirely by way of the
Beta website. All software, surveys, and feedback must be provided
electronically by way of the Beta website. Technical support will be
available for the Beta program, and can be obtained only by opening a
case on the Beta website.

Steps to Apply to Participate in the Beta Program
1.        If you are willing and able to fulfill all of the Beta
program requirements, send an email to
storzewski at us.ibm.com<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Stats%2021%20Beta\v21\storzewski@us.ibm.com>
before April 6 (EOB) to confirm your interest in participating in the
Beta program.
2.        We will send you a link to the Beta website and an access
key (i.e. code) that will allow you to create a login ID and password
for the Beta website. All subsequent access to the Beta website will
require you to enter a login ID and password.
3.        Accept the Beta Test Agreement by way of the Beta website.
4.        Complete the pre-Beta survey by way of the Beta website.

Note: Multiple Beta testers from a single customer organization are
welcome. However, before responding to this email, please select one
point of contact to coordinate the Beta process at your organization
(e.g. sign the Beta Test Agreement, complete the pre-Beta and
post-Beta surveys, obtain (download) and distribute the software and
authorization codes, submit defects and feedback). This person only
will have access to the Beta website.

Deadlines and Milestones
1.        April 6 (EOB): An email must be received confirming your
interest in participating in the Beta program. Emails must be sent to
storzewski at us.ibm.com<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Stats%2021%20Beta\v21\storzewski@us.ibm.com>.
2.        April 10 or earlier: An email containing a link to the Beta
website and an access key (i.e. code) to access the site will be sent
to Beta program prospects (including only the point of contact at a
customer organization). After logging in, you will be directed to a
website offering an overview of the Beta software features. This
website also includes Download, Library, and Support links that will
be inactive until the Beta software becomes available on May 11.
3.        April 16 (EOB): All application steps must be complete in
order to be considered an eligible Beta program prospect.
4.        April 18 or earlier: An email confirming Beta program
acceptance will be sent to approved participants.
5.        May 10 (9:00-10:00 A.M. U.S. Central Time): Join the live
conference to preview new IBM SPSS Statistics Beta capabilities. We
will also preview the Beta program process.
6.        May 11: The Beta program begins; Beta software is available
for download.
7.        May 30 (9:00-10:00 A.M. U.S. Central Time): Join the live
conference to ask questions and discuss defects and enhancements with
IBM SPSS Product Management and Development.
8.        June 8 (EOB): The Beta program test period ends; last day to
submit issues.
9.        June 8: The post-Beta survey period begins.
10.        June 15 (EOB): The post-Beta survey must be complete.

Note: Participants in the Beta program will not receive a
complimentary copy of IBM SPSS Statistics client as in previous years.
The terms of the IBM license agreement that accompanies the Beta
software requires Beta program participants to discontinue use of the
software programs and destroy all copies within 10 days of the end of
the Beta program test period (i.e. June 18, 2012).

We look forward to your application to participate in the IBM SPSS
Statistics Beta program. Thank you.

Sincerely,
IBM SPSS Statistics Beta team