[nabs-l] FW: re: can't send email using Microsoft Outlook and Gmail account

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 00:53:41 UTC 2012

Here is a response I got to my Outlook question from a friend I
sent it to privately:

From: Marvin Vasquez <marvinvas at aol.com
To: Chris Nusbaum <dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
 sent: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 22:23:54 -0500
Subject: re: can't send email using Microsoft Outlook and Gmail
account

  Hi, Chris.  According to a site I found using a google search,
you're supposed to use port 587 as the smtp port, and use tls.
The smtp server requires authentication.  Tell it to use the same
settings as your incoming server.  These are also the
settings I'm using, so if this is what you're doing, things
should be working perfectly.  The fact that you're not able to
get to the new message thing is weird.  You might try seeing if
Jaws has Outlook settings loaded.  This should be automatic,
but if it says default settings are loaded, this could very well
be the problem.  How to fix things if this is happening, though,
I've no idea.  I wish you luck.  I wish I could help you further,
but I'm running Jaws 12 and using Outlook 2007, so
this is the extent of the assistance I feel confident enough to
offer you.  I hope you get things up and running.  Please don't
hesitate to ask me for help with anything else you might have
problems with in the future.
  Marvin