[nabs-l] Accessibility of Microsoft Office 365 vs. Google apps for Education

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 01:44:52 UTC 2012

Hi Arielle,

I've never heard of Office 365, but I assume from its name that it's a
version of Microsoft Office, which means it would have Microsoft Outlook. I
used the Gmail Web site for a long time, and it was pretty accessible in the
basic HTML mode. However, the problem with basic HTML was it had something
like only 40 percent of the features offered in the standard view, which
isn't accessible. So, I would recommend Office for your purposes, but if you
only want the basic features of email (send email, receive email, reply,
forward, etc,) you could use the Gmail Web site. However, overall, I'm
finding Outlook more efficient the more I use it.

Hope this helps,

Chris