[nabs-l] need some help Please let me know .

Loren isaiah5719 at mchsi.com
Wed Apr 18 15:51:57 UTC 2012

There are pros and cons for each.

The mac does have out-of-the-box speech, and thus will be ready to do when
you purchase it off the shelf.  Also, the upgrade will be extremely less
expensive, sincre it will come with the next system operating upgrade that
Apple puts out.  The last one ran around 30 bucks.  Also, many of the
different drivers one needs for a braille display are already there.

A pc is more common and more people can share with you.  Your initial cost
for the machine is less, but then, you will have to spend the money for the
screen reading software.  These days, the screen reading software is several
times what a reasonably priced computer will cost.  Also, as the windows
upgrades ome out, you must first pay for them.  The last upgrade from vista
to windows 7 was around 120 buvcks.  Then, you will have to keep up with the
new versions of the screen reading software.

Those who habve macs swear by them.  So it will be up to you.  Also, if you
are use to a pc, there will be a steep learning curve for the mac.  I wish
you well in your purchasing of a new machine.

Loren Wakefield