[nabs-l] Question for blind students

Misty Dawn Bradley mistydbradley at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 19:45:18 UTC 2012

Hi,
I think the biggest challenge is getting things, such as books, assignments,
and exams in accessible format. This includes online materials, because some
instructors use software or websites that are not accessible with screen
readers. An example of this is the Pearson Education site. I took an
economics course one time in college where the instructor used this site,
and I ended up dropping out of the class, because all assignments and
quizzes were on this site and used Flash Player, so it was completely
inaccessible. Also, the instructor did not try to make it more accessible
and kept telling me to do all of the assignments and quizzes at the
disability services office, although I specifically was taking online
classes due to my schedule and family obligations.
Thanks,

Misty