[nabs-l] hello

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 00:29:43 UTC 2012

Hi Laurel,
Welcome to the list. My name is Arielle Silverman and I'm a blind
psychology doctoral student in Boulder, CO. I have also been around
the National Association of Blind Students (NABS) for many years and
have served as a member of the NABS board of directors, vice-president
and president of NABS. I am not sure if you have been in contact with
anyone from the NABS leadership or if you are connected with the Texas
Association of Blind Students, but if not, I would encourage you to go
www.nabslink.org
to check out what NABS is up to and
www.nfb-texas.org
 to find out how to get in touch with the Texas student division
and/or your local NFB chapter. I am also available if you have any
questions about NABS in general; you can email me at
arielle71 at gmail.com
or email the current NABS president, Sean Whalen, at
nabs.president at gmail.com
I'm very glad you will be joining us at the national convention, and
there should be several student-oriented events throughout the week
which will be announced on this listserv. Welcome!
Arielle