[nabs-l] Student Slate Suggestions

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 00:04:56 UTC 2012

On behalf of the Slate committee, I would like to thank you for the
suggestions. We will definitely take note of them and discuss them on
our conference calls and see what we can do to make these happen. I
could definitely see the perks of a FAFSA and scholarship finding
article at the beginning of next year and perhaps an article about
navigating financial aid offices at schools for the beginning of the
next school year. I know from experience this process can be tedious.
The only problem I run into is that each school's rules and procedures
in regard to financial aid  are different. But I can see the
advantages of compiling an article with some commonalities that can
hopefully give people a place to start. If anyone has experience with
this or knows someone who perhaps works in a school's financial aid
office that wouldn't mind writing an overview that could be
transferrable to other schools than the one they work at, the
committee would love to have their contact information.

We love NABS members to share their insight and experiences with the
group via the Slate, so please continue to give your suggestions to
us. You can always post them to the list, or you can get in touch with
Karen Anderson, Sean Whalen or myself directly. We are all NABS board
members, and our contact information can be found here.
http://www.nabslink.org/contact-us/index.php

We would also love to have you write an article for us if you feel
that you are particularly versed on an issue that you think readers
would enjoy learning about, or if you have endured a unique
experience. Please get in touch with us, so we can discuss your ideas.

In each issue of the Slate, we also like to highlight what a student
division is doing in more depth than the more frequent and shorter
NABS bulletins. So, f your state student division has learned some
strategies on being a division or running an event, other states would
love to hear about these strategies and what you are doing.

Those are just some ideas of the types of articles we search for. We
look forward to hearing your suggestions and to continuing to publish
a newsletter that is interesting and relevant to the NABS community.

--
Cindy Bennett
B.A. Psychology, UNC Wilmington

clb5590 at gmail.com